Offworld Industries and Animatrik Film Design are teaming up to organise a large-scale, interactive exhibition based on tactical shooter games. Professionals involved in all facets of video game production – such as animators, tech developers, and cinematic directors – are invited to attend.
The dream team behind multiplayer, military gaming sensation Squad will present a range of technology demos and interactive exhibits, hosted at Animatrik’s studio in Vancouver. Facilities include the largest independent motion capture stage in North America. operated by Animatrik’s world famous virtual production team. The event takes place on Thursday 20th September, from 6:00pm-10:00pm, and is free to attend.
- Virtual reality station – Get into the Squad spirit by stepping onto a VR battlefield.
- Squad-themed photobooth – Grab your teammates and pop into our Squad-themed photobooth, equipped with an arsenal of props.
- Performance capture – Watch game-inspired avatars come to life on the big screen, side-by-side a live action performer in real-time. It’s the very same technology Animatrik uses to power AAA game titles like the Gears of War franchise, and billion dollar budget movies such as Deadpool 2.
- News from the CEO – Join Offworld Industries co-founder and CEO, Will Stahl, for a series of exciting announcements before diving into all of the amazing content on display.
- Networking – Refreshments, live music, and the chance to network with fellow industry professionals.